Good attendance at School is crucial if children are to achieve their full potential. The School is committed to supporting all families in maximising attendance. Parents can also play their part by working with the school and their children to promote good attendance. The following points will help parents to improve their child’s attendance.
- Phone School on your child’s first day of absence and only allow days off for genuine illness.
- Ensure your child attends on time and every day.
- Where possible, try to arrange medical appointments out of School time. Always ensure your child attends School immediately before and after medical appointments that are unavoidable.
- Avoid holidays in term time.
- Know your child’s attendance figure and talk to them about it.
- Support your child’s participation in class.
- Encourage your child to contribute towards class attendance incentives.
- Talk to the School very early on if you have any problems in relation to your child’s attendance or if any issues arise.
- Praise and reward your child’s good attendance!